Saturday, February 26, 2011

UNEQUALLY YOKED?

Kingdom victor dear friends. 

I have this Kingdom friend who has a 'girl friend'. Both of them really feel great towards each other. The girl is quite a nice girl, respectful, highly principled and morally blameless - suites my friend too well. But my friend tells her one day, Sorry, nothing can happen between us. You're a Muslim and I'm a Christian. My friend left her devastated and heartbroken.

What is the basis for this? The scriptures say you must not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. It has been an age-long custom in Christendom not to date unbelievers let alone marry them. I know too many Christians will endorse the decision of my friend.

But recent developments in the Nigerian polity (in which a notable prophetic voice in the land agrees to become a running mate to one is is known to be very committed to his own religion) have set me thinking about areas of life where this scripture can apply. Is it only to be applied in marriage issues alone? What are the exceptions?

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment